Saturday, June 28, 2008

"How do you measure a year?" (3)

Top ten things I'll miss:

10. Being able to "pass" for Korean
9. Korean food
8. My 14 hour teaching week
7. My students
6. Time/opportunity to travel
5. Being a cultural ambassador and dispelling myths about America
4. Host family
3. Friends I've made here
2. International adoptee community
1. Learning something new about Korea/Koreans everyday

----

Ha, I'm right on time and I'm out of the country- well, out out of the country. For those of you who don't know, I'm in Vietnam right now.

I landed yesterday about 1:30pm, found a hotel, spent the day walking around- mild sightseeing- and then checked into the hotel. It was an early night, as I was exhausted from the late night/early morning bus I had to take to catch my plane from Seoul.

I woke up early this morning- had breakfast and then I was out exploring some more. I'm in Hanoi and walked all around the Old Quarter today. I even saw the National Theatre's water puppet show and had dinner on a floating restuarant on the West Lake.

It's really hot and humid, but I am enjoying all the new sights. I have a slight cold, which is frustrating, and is aggravated by all the pollution and smoking!!!

Tomorrow I leave for Halong Bay- I'll be able to see Ho Chi Minh on Wednesday or Thursday.

Hopefully next week I'll have pictures uploaded!

-me

No comments: