Monday, July 7, 2008

"How do you measure a year?" (4)

Okay- this last list is not a top ten, because I cannot think of ten things. (This might say something in itself ^^) I tried, I even thought about it for awhile.

Without further ado- my final list:

Top six areas I've grown personally:

6. Patience
You need a lot of it when you can't communicate!

5. Adaptable
Good skill to have when living in a very different culture for a year.

4. Spending time with myself
Not being utterly bored, embracing the introvert ^^ in myself (it's true James).

3. More relaxed
Not having to be constantly busy all the time.

2. Having a better idea of what I want in life
More grounded/realistic perspective of where I come from and an understanding of
how it affects who I am.

1. Faith
Trusting that God has a plan, seeing what He has given me already and enjoying it.


Really, like everyone, I am a "work in progress" and although I feel I have grown in these areas, I'm sure there is a lot more to be done. However, I am most interested in seeing where you all think I have grown and changed (hopefully for the better).

---

Okay- I got back from Vietnam on Friday morning. I hung out in Seoul (saying goodbye to people) and then came back to Daegu on Sat. afternoon. I had a lunch and dinner appointments and then Sunday morning I had a meeting with students. All in all, it was a very packed weekend with many goodbyes!

This is my last full week in the classroom and I think it will be mostly relaxed! Just tying up a few loose ends and saying "good luck" to my students. Our summer vacation ceremony is next week, so hpoefully I'll be able to say good bye to all the students. We'll see.

Oh, I'm a little late- there are pictures of Vietnam (click the link on the left!) My power cord (the third one, I think) died on my yesterday. So my computer is out of commission until my new power5 cord arrives.

And, no news on a job YET.

-me

No comments: