Sunday, June 22, 2008

"How do you measure a year?" (2)

As promised...

Top ten things I won't miss:

10. Really spicy food for breakfast
9. Rude foreigners
8. Practicing English with my host bro
7. Being knocked/bumped into every time I go out
6. Sleeping on a cot
5. Having to shower at the gym
4. Blunt comments about my appearance
3. Constant personal questions
2. Having to explain my life story to every (slight exaggeration) random person I meet
1. Not being able to communicate 100% 24/7

----

This weekend I was in Seoul, well I still am. I'm headed back to Daegu this afternoon. It was my program's final dinner celebration (seems a little early, but it was nice). It was held on the American army base and it was catered by the hotel there- so pretty good (mostly American style) food. I got to say goodbye to most of the people in the program and hang out with them Saturday night and Sunday. In many ways it's easy to imagine I've been here for a year, but it's also difficult to believe also. It seems strange that I'll probably never see most of these people again and it's odd to say goodbye- "good luck, have a good life!"

I saw Kungfu Panda this weekend- it was suprisingly good, just 'cause I hadn't seen a previe for it. I really recommend it- the animation was great too.

Okay, nothing else really new- still trying to get a job.

OOOOOHHHHH! I alost forgot. Idina Menzel is coming to Denver as part of her summer tour and I'm SOOOO excited!!! I've never seen her perform live and I can't wait!!!

Okay, next time I post will be from Vietnam. Have a great week!

-me

No comments: