Friday, July 11, 2008

Final Post from Korea

Hi,

Last week was good- pretty uneventful, just tying up loose ends. I had many "goodbye" lunches and took pictures with all my classes (many of my students were surprised that I'm leaving- although I've told them many times).

I've spent this weekend up in Chuncheon meeting the new ETAs and trying to impart some of my wisdom from this year. It's a nice way to end my time in Korea- seeing some friends for the last time and ending where I started. I head back to Daegu in about an hour.

AND

This is my penultimate blog post, for I will be retiring this space when I get back to the states. Once stateside, I will put up one entry, hopefully an uneventful post of my flight back to the states.

I know there will be many other exciting adventures in my life and I thank you all for reading and keeping up with me!

Right now, I do not know what I will be doing in the near future. This fact scares and disappoints me. Although, it does open up many possibilities.

However, once I am stateside I will keep in touch with everyone through e-mail, phone calls and personal visits (some of you won't be able to get rid of me ^^)!

Who knows, maybe I'll start blogging again sometime in the near future...who knows where I'll be?


-me

I WILL BE ON A PLANE NEXT WEEK AT THIS TIME! AHHH!!


----
Seasons of Love

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes,
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Moments so dear.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights
In cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.

In five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure
A year in the life?

How about love?
How about love?
How about love? Measure in love

Seasons of love. Seasons of love

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes!
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Journeys to plan.

Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Six hundred minutes
How do you measure the life
Of a woman or a man?

In truths that she learned,
Or in times that he cried.
In bridges he burned,
Or the way that she died.

It's time now to sing out,
Tho' the story never ends
Let's celebrate
Remember a year in the life of friends
Remember the love!
Remember the love!
Seasons of love!

Oh you got to got to
Remember the love!
You know that love is a gift from up above
Share love, give love spread love
Measure measure your life in love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very exciting, Jenna Jenna!! I can't wait to see you again. Hopefully I'm way better at keeping in touch with you once you're back here than I was when you were in Korea...sorry I'm such a lame friend! Also, I find your choice of song lyrics very apropos.