Sunday, March 2, 2008

Would it be any less frustrating if I could understand?

Okay, for once I will make my Sunday deadline because I have absolutely nothing to do at school today. It is the first day of school and all of the teachers I am used to seeing in the office have moved to different grade levels, transfered schools, or are on a sabbatical. It's a little sad because I really liked the teachers in the office last year. I'm sure I'll like the new ones too- but to keep in touch with the other teachers, I now need to canvas the building trying to find them.

The odd thing about it being the first day of school is the lack of students. Well, first year students anyways. Although, I think they are beginning to trickle in. I believe there is a welcome ceremony for them in about an hour. I'm going to try and follow everyone for that (no one seems to know where it will be and if I have to attend).

I haven't really been too frustrated with my lack of understanding, however it's a bit different when I'm expected to teach and I still don't know when and who I'm teaching. Supposedly my schedule is being made as I type this out. My two requests: most of the classes in the morning and no classes on Fridays. I've been crossing my fingers and holding my breath for my schedule ever since it was mentioned a week ago. I do understand that my requests are a bit hopeful, but whatevs.

I might even have to teach second year students, which will be a huge surprise and a drag (although I miss my students from last year- so that will be good). Mainly because I wasn't prepared for that and don't have any lessons prepared to teach second year students!!! Actually I think I have an idea of what I could do, but it is a bit inconvenient.

One good thing is the fact that I don't have to change offices. This is good, because I don't want to move all my stuff around. I feel like if I was in an office with others I might be a bit more productive this semester, but I'll just have to buckle down and use my free time a little more wisely.

I think it would be a little less frustrating if I could understand what was going on, but I'll try to be patient and wait for my schedule and a myriad of other details that are important for teaching this week and tomorrow.

I have turned in all the info for the grad application and now I just have to wait. However, I keep trying to contact the school of education and they are unhelpful at best, just like I remember. I want to make sure my application is complete- that they received everything, since I had to submit my app via internet, domestic and international mail. *sigh* oh well.

-me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still no schedule? Oh man... I hope it all gets worked out soon!