Sunday, March 23, 2008

I'm a slacker...

...Hi!

Sorry, no post last week. It's not like I've been super busy or anything lately, but I just didn't end up blogging last week.

Teaching is still going well. I'm on week four of class, this week, but I've only taught about two weeks. This is because my students went on their class trip last week (for three days) and I didn't have to teach. I wanted to travel with my students, but wasn't invited- kinda sucks, but I got some time off- always a plus.

Last weekend I went with two friends to see the apricot blossom festival a town about 2 hours south of here. It was really beautiful! It's like an orchard field, so there are many trees. There were tents set up with different things you could buy, typical festival foods, etc. I've added some new pics (finally) of the festival.

After the festival Alison and I went to a basketball game (pics included too) in Daegu. We have our own professional team. It was an interesting game- our team is not very good. We played the Pusan team- they were a lot better than us, but at least we ended up winning. It was funny because it seemed like the teams here passed the ball way more than American teams do. For example, before anyone ever made a shot, it seemed like the entire team passed the ball around- like everyone had to touch it or something. It was a good experience and I'm glad we went. I also ran into some foreigner friends at the game I hadn't seen in awhile, so that was nice- we ended up going out for dinner.

This week- with all my spare time, I went to visit some friends on the west coast. It was nice, I got to visit a friend who teaches at an elementary school and help/watch her teach. It was neat visiting another family and school. I also went to visit a friend in Taean- where the oil spill happened last fall. We went to a beach and there was still some clean up happening (pics included).

I can't believe it's the end of March already. I know the rest of my time is going to fly by- I want to come back, but I know I'll miss Korea and my time here. These are a few things I plan on doing before I leave Korea: attend a concert (Big Bang is huge among high schooler's here, I just bought my tickets tonight!), see a baseball game (let's hope it's better than the basketball), see a soccer game, travel to a few more cities in Korea (Gwangju, Mokpo, maybe Daejon), and take an international trip with all my free time.

I feel like I should be volunteering this semester, but I didn't feel much of a connection last semester and I don't want to do something out of obligation. I think this semester is just going to be a time of rest (traveling and being active). I'm taking a yoga class every day and then going to a rock climbing gym once a week. I also hope to go climbing or hiking on the weekends when I'm in town.

Please leave a note or write an e-mail to let me know how things are going with you! I really do want to know!!!

As soon as I find out info about grad school/a job I'll post it!

-me ^^ (<- Korean smiley face)

No comments: