Monday, August 20, 2007

:)

Okay, I'm trying to leave school, but just had to post a quick message about my first day hanging out at school! It's 4:38 and classes offically ended at 4:20pm- although it sounds like some teachers stick around to teach a supplemantary class- probably for an extra hour.

I got here this morning (my host mom drove me and my host sister to school). I got into my office, which was a feat snce I could not remember the combination to my office! It's my office until a Japanese teacher comes and then I will have to share it with them. It's a bit unusual since most teachers all share one office. Then I had to give my address (introduction) to the entire school staff at the meeting this morning- it went surprisingly well- even if it was only 6 sentances! I also gave the principal, vice prinicipal, and my co-teacher (Mr. Choi) their gifts. Mr. Choi really liked it!

I decided to sick around school because there was a lunch with all the English teachers from the school. I sat around and tried to lesson plan and such- it went pretty well. Every now and then students would pop into my office or stand outside and yell "HI TEACHER!" from the hallway. When I would say anything they would laugh and run away. Some of the braver students actually talked to me. I can't wait to get into the classroom- I'm sure their energy will mellow out!

While I was here this morning Mr. Choi tried to register my cell phone (one that I had been given by a previous participant). However, it would not work so he bought me a phone! This is increadibly generous! I cannot even imagine how must it must have cost. All of the Korean people I have met so far are extremely generous! His daughter's one year birthday is later this month, I will be sure to bring something very nice!

And lastly, this is what Mr. Choi sent me earlier today on messenger:

Hi! Jenna...

Do you know who I am?

Yes, Mr. Choi...

You can use this messenger from now on...

When you have something to tell me(all of the staffs in this school), use this messenger freely. You can visit me also whenever you need...

You may feel tired, I think. But as time goes by and as you are getting familiar with this rather strange and unfamiliar situation, you will feel better soon.

Cheer up, Jenna^^....

Though you sometimes may feel hard to understand me due to my poor English, I'll do my best to help you....
If there is anything that you can not understand, don't hesitate to let me know about that....

Well, I hope you first day in this school would be great...^^


I am still having a wonderful time and am so thankful for everything! Now I will walk home in the stiffling heat!

-Jenna

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ehheeheh. He soudns great. looks nice too...maybe you could be a home...nevermind hahaha. I know your answer will just end up being "Whatever!" and "It'sn ot like that" or something along those lines. but it's still fun teasing you since ican't do it in person! anywaz, i'm debating on taking a nap or doing something constructive...but we'll see. more e-mails to send out. talk to ya soon. ByE