Thursday, January 31, 2008

안영!

Hello!

I'm back with internet! I even forgot certain command keys on my computer I didn't use it for so long. I know it's pretty sad, but it's true. Actually, I can live without the internet, but it does make communication and a myriad of other things very convenient. One of the very first things I did was upload a bunch of pictures! Please check it out-> I created two more albums the first is labeled "Internship" and the second is labeled "Winterbreak". Internship pictures are mostly of me teaching when I traveled to Busan and Daegu to do four presentations about various topics concerning America. There are also some very bad pictures of me on my last day receiving a certificate of appreciation. Speaking of which, my last day was coincidently today. The "Winterbreak" album contains a few pictures from New Year's, the ice festival, a few pictures of Incheon, and AYPP pictures (some of North Korea). I also have uploaded some pictures in the folder "Around Korea" when I volunteered at the orphanage in Gumi.

Hope all is well with everyone in the states (and even for those outside the states)!

My internship was interesting- a good learning experience. It was boring at times- sitting in a cubicle making PowerPoint presentations about aspects of America. However, sometimes it was interesting- getting to travel and present programs myself. I worked with some very nice people and learned what an embassy actually does. I'm not sure if I could actually work in that capacity- but it was good to have the experience.

the AYPP program was great for my students! I think they really enjoyed it and despite getting frustrated at some of them at times, it was a good experience. I learned about some Korean history and relations with the U.S., like the FTA negotiations, etc. We got to travel to interesting places like the DMZ and the JSA (Pan mun jon). I stayed up late with the kids working on our group project and by the end of the week I was exhausted!

My trip to Japan got canceled because my friend had/has a bad case of mono. However, I'm happy just to chill and relax in Korea. I'll spend the next three weeks in Seoul hanging out, seeing friends, etc. Then I teach a winter camp (pick up a few extra bucks) and then head back to Daegu and start teaching on March 3.

I'll keep trying to update every Sunday!

-me :)

No comments: