Friday, October 26, 2007

Cha-cha-cha-changes...

Hi All,

I'm not exactly sure who can read this anymore, but I hope most of you all are still able to read my blog. I apologize for changing the format of how to read my blog. The program I am on in Korea wanted to make all blogs private for security reasons (for our home stay families, schools, etc). So, if I forgot to send evites to anyone who regularly reads this (and you know about them) please send me their e-mail address and I will invite them. The other option is for me to send out mass e-mails every now and then to those who cannot log in to see my blog. Let me know what works for you.

I didn't update this last week because I was away in Gyeongju for the Fall conference. It was mainly a time to catch up with everyone in the program and make sure everyone was okay. The goal of the actual conference was to swap teaching techniques and stories from the trenches to make us better teachers. The conference aspect of the trip was ok- not all that helpful, but it was nice to be in a pretty place (by a lake) and see friends. We did a tour of the city on Sunday- we saw sooo many places, I was exhausted! Gyeongju is really cool and probably has the most historical sites in all of Korea. It's about an hour away from Daegu and was once the capitol of a Korean dynasty. I've posted many pics on the website for all to see. We saw historical sites, went to an amusement park, and even rode mini bikes around the lake! P.S. I'm sporting some new cute Korean clothes.

There are also some pictures up under teaching. Last week I taught about scrabble and let the kids play the game. It turned out to be a pretty good lesson and really quite easy for me. I was surprised how into it all the kids were. There were only a few that I had to remind to participate. I actually made the scrabble boards for the kids to play on- each board took about an hour. So not that bad in terms of lesson planning and now I have the boards- which is uber helpful.

Life is pretty good here- I am sick- which sucks. I'm trying to get over it myself, otherwise I have to go to the doctor's next week. Ick. Next week is Halloween and I'm going to bring in candy for my students- woot! I haven't decided what I'll teach on yet, but it'll involve candy.

Today I got to sleep in until 10am, which is a huge treat! I'm meeting a Korean language partner (hopefully friend) later today and then going to Costco with an American friend! Tomorrow is my host brother's testing for his black belt- I'm totally going. I'll try to post pics and video of that too.

Thanks again to everyone who sent me something- check out the pics of my office under teaching. If you've sent a card I've put it on the bulletin board. O! and I have a spiffy official sign for my office "English Lounge".

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Me :)

No comments: