Thursday, April 17, 2008

A new look

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in about two weeks because life became very busy. I've been up to a lot, so I'll highlight what I've been doing. I'm in the process of putting up the pictures and they can be found in a few different folders around Korea, Seoul, Daegu, and wedding.

About a month ago, I went to the east coast with my host family and got to see a cave. That was pretty neat. I like caves a lot and it was really beautiful. It wasn't that long, so it was a pretty quick visit. However, on the way back home we stopped by the sea, after picking up lunch (a freshly chopped fish). We had lunch by the water and ate our fresh sushi (sashimi Korean style), with some rice, vegetables and fresh hand-picked seaweed from the sea. It was pretty good, thankfully I'm not all that picky about what I eat! However, my host father proceeded to pick little seasnail/shell things from the rocks that made their way into our dinner that night. That was a little more difficult to eat! (Pics in Around Korea)

I also went to an apricot blossom festival with some friends- the flowers were really pretty and I got some great pictures! (lots of festivals are happening all over Korea- it seems like there is always a festival.) (Pics in Around Korea)

After that trip, I went to visit some friends on the west coast the following week. It was neat to see another town and see some of my friends and I got to stay with one friend and meet her host family and school. She teaches elementary, so it was neat to see a different school. Along with that visit, I got to see a friend who lives in Taean- where the big oil spill happened. There is still some clean-up from the spill that happened last fall, but not a whole lot. (Pics in Around Korea)

Two weekends ago I went to Jeju, an island off the Southern coast of Korea. It is known as the honeymoon island. We had a conference on the island for Fulbright, it wasn't much of a conference, but it was nice to relax, see friends, and go sightseeing. Unfortunately the weather wasn't all that great over the weekend, but it was at least mild enough to go sightseeing. I went to see the longest lava tube caves in the world (I like caves), the teddy bear museum (pretty strange, but cute), waterfalls, a cherry blossom festival, and I got to stay with another friend and visit her middle school. (Pics in Around Korea)

Last week there were some friends from America in Seoul. I got to go up and meet them have dinner and hangout with them. It was really fun to see them and to share what I know about Korea. Lindsey got her hair cut. (Pics in Seoul)

Lastly, I was in America last weekend for my best friend's wedding. :) I didn't tell most people I would be there, because literally I left Korea on Thursday (my time) and arrived Thursday (US time). I then left the U.S. Monday and arrived Tuesday (Korea time). The wedding was on Sunday and I spent Friday and Saturday helping my friend get ready for the wedding. Her father flew me out with his frequent flyer miles and I was so fortunate and happy that I was able to be a part of her special day! Needless to day, I am still recovering from jetlag, but am doing a pretty good job of it. :) The wedding was great!

And last but not least, I was accepted to graduate school at CU Boulder! This is good, but now I need to get a teaching job so I can do the program that partners me with the district. I'll keep you posted!

-me ^^

p.s. there are a few new pics under Daegu

No comments: