Saturday, July 28, 2007

Namisan Island & Haircut

Hi all,

I am posting about 15 minutes early this week- woot. Most people went out to drink soju or to a dvd bang (private movie room) tonight, but I was up too late last night and decided to stay in. I even studied earlier this evening- mainly because our quizzes on Monday are going to kick my butt. Since I posted on Wednesday, not too much to report.

Thursday afternoon I went and got my hair cut! Nothing drastic, just a trim and some layers. It came out way better than I thought it would, especially in this humidity. They actually used a hair straightener on my hair and I might go out and get one, because it made my hair look really shinny and not frizzy.

Friday evening- went to a jimjilbang (spa/bathhouse) with friends (Stacey, Lauren, Lindsey, Amber, Hui Kyun, and Ray). There are separate areas for men and women because you have to be naked...you shower first (really well) and then soak in hot/cold tubs and sit in saunas. Then you can meet in a common room (once you've put clothes on) with the opposite gender and hang out or sit in more saunas. It really was one of the most relaxing things I have done since arriving. It is an interesting experience, but I am glad I experienced it- I'll definitely go back. You get over the naked-ness thing really quickly. Then we went out for cocktail soju (flavored rice wine). It is really yummy. We came back to the dorm to watch a movie, but we were definitely all really tired!

Today I went to Namisan island with Amber, Diane, Jen, and Ray. It was a lot of fun! The island is really pretty and known because a popular Korean drama (k-drama) was filmed on the island. There's a photo of Ray and I recreating one of the bronze sculptures from the movie. There are also wild ostriches on the island and we got to feed them and take a few pictures. We got back in the afternoon and I took a nap, had dinner and studied- woot.

I have lots more to study- that's the plan for tomorrow after church and the fun activity I have to teach tomorrow morning.

I have uploaded the pictures I am talking about on Picasa. If you do not have the link, it is on the right hand side of the page. Have fun!

-Jenna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love all your pictures! Although, the pictures of food made me very hungry, so now I hate you....just kidding! The hiking pictures are beautiful; everything is such a rich green. There was a picture of a sort of grill that had a bunch of fish-shaped biscuit-looking things, what are they? Did you try one? I'm surprised that with everything you've done, you had time to read HP! I, of course, with my oodles of free-time, locked myself in my room and didn't come out until I finished (except for the occasional snack, or when I ran out of tissues!). Anyway, wish I had more exciting news from my end, but it seems like you're having enough adventures for both of us!